Arlington’s non-conductive box extenders extend set back metal or non-metallic electrical boxes up to 1-1/2 inches the easy way! They work for any single gang device and most steel and non-metallic outlet boxes – providing a level, fully supported wiring device that’s flush with the wall surface. In steel boxes they prevent arcing and shorting by creating a barrier between the box and device screws.
The newest box extender, the BE1X, is now in stock and has a slightly larger flange that covers miscut wall material and accommodates midi or maxi cover plates.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
• Allows the contractor to comply with 2014 NEC Article 314.20
• Levels and supports the wiring device where the box is set back from the wall surface (adjusts up to a 1-1/2” box extension)
• Works in handy boxes and 4” square electrical boxes with plaster rings for single switches or receptacle
• Functions with all standard devices, switches, and GFCIs
• Manufactured from 105°C continuous use 94V0 rated flame retardant plastic for safer installations